http://www.makepovertyhistory.org <$BlogRSDURL$> Cursors from Dolliecrave.com body>

Monday, July 25, 2005

State of the Nation Address 


Well, the President of the Philippines delivered her much awaited State of the Nation Address yesterday. For me, her speech was very brief and left the opposition silence after. After that, political analysts and intellectual say their piece on TV, of course as you listen, you will sometimes know if they are anti or pro. But what makes me agree with an analyst is that PGMA will stay in her position for a longer time when local politicians are supporting her. Not that everyone agrees with her, like her or believe in her but they have something they want from her. Its transfer of government from the present system to federalism.

I live in the province and locals here are pieceful amidst political problems arise in Metro Manila, but were observing the turn of events.

In the end, I agree with other Filipinos, I don't trust her as much as before but I will give her the chance to govern. She can do it better than others waiting her fall. u agree with me???

I just hope that we Filipinos, will have the spirit of patriotism. Enough with crab mentality and other shame acts but do good for yourself, for the Filipino people and for your country. Our economy has suffered already, lets not put the Philippines 20 years step backward. Remember, we were among the top in Asia once before... and I'm optimistic that we can do it...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

[Top]